I know my blog is kind of a mess. It’s all over the place! I attribute my spotty posting to fact a lot. I ran across this post today on the 28-Day Blog Challenge, which got my thoughts going. I read a few blogs that do a “weekly round-up” type thing each week where they consolidate all the little things from the week into one post. I’m going to give it a try. I’m still going to make it a goal to post most daily happenings, but this will hopefully get some of the random stuff corralled together.
5 Things to Check Out Online Right Now…
1. My mom posted this Upside Downton Abbey video on facebook today. So great!
2. I’m loving the work of Michael Gaughan right now. The mix of pop culture of ludicrous Americana, it’s just fantastic.
3. Nice article via The New Yorker about the future possibilities in health care.
4. Looking forward to seeing this documentary about Detroit, Detropia.
5. Shamefully misidentifying a facebook photo. Beware, you could waste a lot of time here.
5 Things I Have Done Today…
1. Today’s FitMixer bootcamp workout. Plyometric lunges are killing me!
2. This week’s long run. 6 miles on the calendar today. I woke up feeling good so I thought I’d run up to Council Crest and back. When I was on my way though, the road up there was closed to traffic. Although I’m sure I could have continued running up there, my mind ran through the idea that maybe they were cutting down big tree branches and one could fall on me, so I detoured. Yeah, I know that’s kind of ridiculous. I’m glad I went a new route though, because I saw some new streets and lots of beautiful homes I haven’t seen before.
3. After my run I made a really tasty mocha smoothie. I drank it so fast I didn’t take a picture of it, but it didn’t look really beautiful so consider yourself spared.
Green Mocha Smoothie
-1 scoop chocolate protein powder
-Large handful spinach
-1 frozen banana
-1 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
-1 Tablespoon peanut butter
-1/2 T. cocoa powder
-1/2 T. espresso powder
4. Brushed Coen. Yesterday I noticed she was shedding an ungodly amount so I gave her a good brushing today. This is actually an older picture from after brushing her last spring. Coen Trump!
5. Homework. Not really feeling school too much right now. I think the majority of the class had a nervous breakdown on Wednesday after an intense lecture on the rest of the year and board exams.
5 Things I Must Try…
2. Crock Pot Carnitas. Going to make this for the Superbowl this weekend.
3. Beef Stroganoff. Ok, I already made this one this week and it was awesome. The only “major” change I made was swapping the creme fraiche for light sour cream.
5 Things I’m Wanting…
1. A BIC band. Headbands NEVER stay on my weirdly shaped head. I ordered one today!
2. New running shoes. I love the ones I have, just thinking of switching up the color with the new pair.
3. New bed sheets. No good prospects yet.
4. Just bought a groupon for a blowout. Never had one and am curious what all the hype is about.
5. How cool is this cross stitch iPhone case?! Not sure what color to get…
1. The Superbowl! We always invite people over, make tons of food, and have a good time. Unfortunately all the people we’ve invited so far have other things to do. It might just be the two of us, but I’m okay that.
2. Yoga tomorrow.
3. Trying out Southland tonight.
4. Portlandia at the Mission tonight.
5. Breakfast out tomorrow… don’t know where yet though.